I’m pleased as punch to be participating once again in My Pretty Pennies Weekly Money Check-Up. Here’s my latest installment:
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was $263 for groceries for my mother and grandmother. I was supposed to take my mother’s credit card with me, but forgot. She has been sick and on top of that is responsible for the care of my 95 year old grandmother. She’s been worrying about money a bit lately, so I just paid for the groceries and wouldn’t take her money when she offered to pay me back. It felt good to be able to do that.
2. Today I feel like I am becoming more responsible towards money.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was find a new social navigation app for the iPhone that users can update with traffic details or speed traps. Did I mention it was a FREE app?
4. I will consider this week a success if I don’t succumb to all of the emails I’m getting about Thanksgiving deals. For the first time, we’ve actually started shopping early and getting the right gifts at the right prices. I hope I don’t take the surplus caused by preparing early and just spending it on more gifts!
5. My favorite food at Thanksgiving is, well, all of it. I’m counting my calories even closer than my pennies these days. I’ll have to say the turkey and dressing are in the forefront with deviled eggs and corn souffle being in a close race for the title..