MPP has taken a hiatus, so I’m on my own for this week’s Money Check Up. (I also found of she’s only 25 which makes me feel incredible old and impossibly immature about my financial habits. But she got herself out of $13,000 worth of debt and saved another $10,000 so I just need to shut up and keep paying attention . )
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on groceries and miscellany at Target. I did splurge and buy a top that was on clearance for $4.98 and a cardigan that I will wear, year round, for $9.98. I do feel pretty good that I had to really think for a while to come up with the answer. That’s definitely a move in the right direction.
2. Today I feel inspired towards money.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was go for a drive with the windows down. We’ve finally gotten to my favorite part of the year where the temperatures are a bit cooler and there’s a slight breeze. It was perfect rolling the windows down and just enjoying the ride…
4. I will consider this week a success if I continue to be conservative with my money in Atlanta and instead of spend my surplus, rolling it over into savings!
5. I start Christmas shopping when I’ve heard several people say they’re finished! I’m horrible about waiting till the last minute but we have already purchased one present. We took advantage of being in Philadelphia for our buying options!
Have a great weekend!